Free Shipping Offer
Orders Totaling over $150.00 and under 60 pounds
To receive free shipping on your order it must meet these requirements:
- Your order must have a product subtotal over $150.00 after all qualifying coupons and discounts are applied.
- Your order is shipping via standard FedEx or UPS Ground to a single address within the 48 Contiguous United States (Does not include Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, other US territories or International shipping destinations.)
- Any air shipments, oversize, or overweight fees are additional. Plus any special requirements like call for appointment, signature required, etc.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight, Drop Ship, or Back Order items.
- This offer may not be combined with any other discounts.
Orders under $150.00 are billed at our standard flat rate of $12.95 for shipments within the 48 Contiguous United States.
Orders Totaling Over $1,000.00
If your order from toolscrave.com totals over $1,000.00 (products only) regardless of the weight, you will receive free shipping on all items that ship to a single location within the 48 Contiguous United States (Does not include Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, other US territories or International shipping destinations) via Standard FedEx or UPS Ground or Truck. This offer may not be combined with any other discounts. Any other special requests like call for appointment, lift gate, etc... could be an additional charge.
Shipments over $150.00 and 60 pounds and over but less than $1,000.00 will be billed as follows:
- 61 - 70 lbs. - $15.00
- 71 - 80 lbs. - $25.00
- 81 - 90 lbs. - $35.00
- 91 - 100 lbs. - $45.00
- 101 - 200 lbs. - $80.00
- 201 - 300 lbs. - $100.00
- 301+ lbs. - $120.00
Distribution - the most accurate. Our 99.98% error-free order processing and shipping are unsurpassed. We bar code every item in the warehouse and track each item from the order to when it is shipped. After inventory is verified, 97% of the orders received by 5 p.m. Central Time go out the same day.
Regional distribution centers — fast delivery. Our distribution centers deliver one and two-day UPS ground from coast-to-coast, reaching 98% of the U.S. population.
*It is the customer’s responsibility to thoroughly inspect all FedEx, UPS, and truck freight shipments prior to signing and/or accepting the shipment looking for missing packages and/or damaged products. Otherwise,if something is missing or there is damage to the item(s) that is not documented on the bill of lading, the freight carrier will not honor any damage claims after the fact so our hands will be tied if an issue is uncovered after the driver leaves. Therefore, the customer will be responsible for the loss. If in doubt, always refuse the shipment rather than risk the damage being worse than originally estimated and notify us immediately. We will then work with the carrier to get the items returned to our warehouse and new products shipped out to you promptly. Thanks for your help.